Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Well, Not Quite Finished

I thought I was finished sculpting. Then as I looked at the head from different angles, I realized that the sunken lips of this toothless fellow can't be seen all that well in profile as shown here.


A ventriloquist dummy's jaw should be clearly visible to the audience irrespective of how he has his head turned and of where they are sitting. So, I added some clay, bringing his upper and lower lips a bit more toward the front.

Here is how he looks from the front. The new features change him somewhat. For the better, I hope. He looks more like Mr. Whipple and less like Mr. Magoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home