Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Fleshing Out The Armature

That skeletal armature from earlier today needs some muscle and flesh. Clay is heavy, and I do not want to load up the sculpture with too much of it. So, I fleshed out the head with heavy-duty aluminum foil held in place with masking tape.




Next I cover the entire head except for the eyes with masking tape and then shape it by pressing anywhere the head seems to bulge too much. The foil is flexible enough to let me mold the armature. The masking tape gives it enough rigidity to hold its shape during the next step.


I'm ready to begin applying clay for the final model. Come back later to see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home