Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Eyes and Nose on the Armature

The armature includes mockup eyes and a dowel for where the nose will be. by including eyes, I can ensure that they will be properly spaced and positioned on the final sculpture. Since Uncle Sweeter's nose is somewhat prominent, a nose on the armature helps to support the clay later during sculpting. Clay is heavy, and protrusions can droop or fall off if they are not properly supported.



He looks kind of spooky so far. Not for long, I hope. I countersunk iris holes in the eye spheres to keep his eyeballs in context while I sculpt around them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home