Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

"Big Fred"


All projects are on hold for the next couple of weeks. I am building "Big Fred."

Susan Watson, a lady in England has a twelve-year-old autistic son who saw my Fred figure on the web and decided he wanted "Big Fred" for his birthday, coming up on October 18th. Susan called me to see what we could work out.

With the help of the generous WorldVents ventriloquist community, which is donating dummy clothes and money to offset the cost of materials and shipping, and Mike Brose of Puppets And Props, who donated the dummy kit parts, I am working hard to make the deadline.

I won't make a journal of the project here because I don't want to take time away from the workshop. Besides, I have a website named The Fred Project that explains how I built the original, which I sold long ago on ebay.

If you should happen to have a size 4T jacket or a blue striped shirt similar to the ones in the picture, I can use them. The boy pays close attention to detail and he really likes that blue and yellow jacket. Send me an email for my snail mail address.

If you want to help with expenses, my Paypal ident is al@alstevens.com. Small donations are appreciated. Any money I don't spend on this project goes to the boy's mother to buy other things for her son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home