Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

Good to Go

Here's what I found in the dummy closet. Uncle Sweeter gets to wear a turtleneck shirt left over from the Fred project, a pair of khaki slacks, and work shoes that I bought today. The hat belongs to Dexter, my main figure. I'm not sure about the hat. I haven't figured a way to keep it from falling off that won't compromise what he looks like without the hat.

The optional hat notwithstanding, this is how you will see Uncle Sweeter at the Vent Haven convention next week, but this is not his ultimate outfit. I'll find that checkered suit, starched dress shirt and bow tie yet.


Details, details

These are some final touches for Uncle Sweeter.

He gets eye lashes thanks to the cosmetics department at Wal-Mart.


His hearing aid has a receiver strapped to his belt, which he can hit when he can't hear something.


Finally, Uncle Sweeter gets a wrist watch. One of his jokes has him tell me what time it is. And if you look closely, you can see his wedding band.


Come visit us at the convention. If I get signed up in time, I'll perform at General Open Mic, probably with Uncle Sweeter. Even so, I'll have him and maybe a few others in my room at the Drawbridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home