Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Body Shop

On Wednesday I made a mold for Uncle Sweeter's shoulder piece. I cast it in fiberglass. Here's the shoulder piece ready to become part of Uncle Sweeter's body.


The rest of the body is mostly wood. It's dimensions are not typical for a ventriloquist figure because Uncle Sweeter has stooped shoulders, a pot gut, and a bigger than normal butt.


That bigger butt almost ensures that I'll have to tailor-make his trousers. I could give him a smaller butt to use regular size 3T pants. That might, however, put his center of gravity too far aft for him to sit unattended. Perhaps I can find some pudgy kid clothes at the thrift stores. Surely they make them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home