Perspectives of a Writer and Musician

Issues related to writing, publishing and playing jazz music: One man's muse.
by Al Stevens

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hairy Ears

I mentioned earlier that Uncle Sweeter is inspired in part by my father-in-law. Pop lived with us for the last few years of his life.

Pop was a humorous man. Like most such men, he got funnier as he got older, and much of Uncle Sweeter's humor is taken from things Pop said. I often thought about Pop as I worked on this project.

Yesterday, while I was touching up the wig around Uncle Sweeter's ear, I recalled several times when I trimmed Pop's ear hair and the conversations we'd have during those times. That recollection led to this:


Here's the real deal from his last Christmas in 2004.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home